MCC Experience Open House
Experience all that Monroe Community College has to offer! Join The Arc of Monroe’s MCC Experience program for an open house at the MCC Downtown campus on Wednesday, October 26 from 11 a.m. – 1 p.m. Enjoy tours around the campus from current students, Q&A sessions with administrators, presentations from program leaders, and more!
Schedule of Events:
11 a.m. – Noon | Presentation and Q&A for Families/Supports
11 a.m. – Noon | Tour of Campus for Prospective Students Led by Current Students
Noon – 1 p.m. | Optional ACE@MCC Presentation
Refreshments will be available! Please complete the form below to RSVP or contact Matt Fico, Community Outreach Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org, 585-672-2222.
About MCC Experience
Monroe Community College (MCC) Experience is a higher education transitional service that prepares participants for eventual community employment. Students learn relevant, marketable employment skills and acquire vocational internship and volunteer experience in various departments on and off the MCC campus.
MCC Experience is located at MCC’s beautiful new Downtown Campus. The campus offers opportunities to gather, socialize, learn, and experience many facets of college life. With their student IDs, participants can enjoy all of the campus amenities, clubs, and social events.
Some of the highlights of this program include:
- 2-year program that individualizes each student’s college experience. If they want to leave earlier or stay longer, MCC does not restrict our students’ time.
- Year-round program that focuses on learning more hands-on skills out in the community while socializing during the summer. In the fall, we transition to a college schedule where we complete internships, take classes, and get involved on the campuses.
- Collaboration with Greece Transition Program to expand our social circle and combine resources to create awesome experiences for students.
- Not just for students who are leaving High School, but also for adults who are looking for a career change or want the opportunity to learn more about themselves in a college environment.
- Active in volunteering in the community, which provides more work skills for students and more connections in the community.
- On-campus clubs and organization involvement.
- Off-campus and on-campus internships where students can create real-world connections to employers like Goodwill, Special Touch Bakery, Sodexho, etc.
- Encourage independence where students are encouraged to advocate and learn by doing.
- Option to Audit MCC Classes in the Pathway Certificate Program.
- 2-year program where students can choose a pathway (like a major) in business, child development, human services, tourism, etc.
- Independent in the classrooms with supports from staff around class schedule
- Take 1 class per semester
- Join an on or off campus club or organization
- Complete an internship with at least 3 hours per week
- Receive a Certificate of Completion that is given out at the MCC Graduation