Self-Direction Specialist Virtual Information Session
What is a Self-Direction Specialist?
Learn more about his unique position at The Arc of Monroe during our virtual information session!
Helping those with intellectual and developmental disabilities (I/DD) to live in the community, while also enhancing independence, is just part of the role of a Self-Direction Specialist. The Arc of Monroe invites you to join our growing team as a Self-Direction Specialist, where you can be a part of making a difference in people’s lives.
The Self-Direction service exists to assist people with intellectual and developmental disabilities to choose, manage and pay for goods and services they need to achieve a successful life, as they define it!
As a Self-Direction Specialist, you can expect to:
- Work directly with people and families to build and co-manage their budget.
- Co-manage onboarding and training of self-hire staff the person supported chooses.
- Participate in semi-annual meetings to set /review goals and services with people and families.
- Collaborate with the community and leverage resources and opportunities for consideration that support people to live their best life.
- Enjoy generous time off, benefits, flexible hours, partial remote work, competitive pay, a supportive team, and job satisfaction.
We are looking for energetic, highly motivated people to join our team in making a difference in people’s lives, and possess the following skills and experience:
- Associate’s Degree in a Human Service related field plus 4 years of I/DD experience preferred, but any equivalent combination of education and/or experience from which comparable knowledge, skills and abilities have been achieved may be considered. FI/Broker training
- Broker Certification can be obtained while on the job as Fiscal Intermediary.
- Organizational and time management skills.
- Experience with EHR systems a plus, but not required.
- Supervisory experience a plus, but not required.
- Ability to collaborate with strong teams and also work independently.
For a limited time, you could also earn up to a $500 sign-on bonus! To learn more about the position and our excellent benefits package, join us for a virtual job fair on 12/14 at noon.
Fill out the form below to register. We will email you a link to the session soon.