LifePrep@Naz is a higher education transitional service for young adults with I/DD. It provides opportunities to continue their education and development with peers in a college classroom setting.
We collaboratively designed this service to prepare students for success in the classroom, at social activities and, ultimately, in the workplace and community.
People are supported in this experience by Nazareth College peer mentors who provide academic support and campus community experiences.
- Must be 21 or older
- OPWDD eligible and HCBS Waiver enrolled
- Capable of working in a 1:8 staff participant ratio
- Ability to learn and use transportation independently
- Self-manage independently and self-medicate
- Participants learn alongside college peers in the classroom at Nazareth College
- Nazareth students serve as mentors
To learn more about this service, contact the Community Outreach Coordinator at (585) 672-2222.